Monday, February 07, 2011

A real letter from Andrew!!

Life here is great. My first week was great. The weather here is in the high 60s and low 70s, sunny all day and no rain. My first week was awesome. I am learning so much since I have been out. They really throw you into it when you leave the mtc. My second day I gave a blessing, and on my fourth day I gave a blessing for some one that was in the hospital. It has been crazy. I have attempted to teach but I have no idea what I am talking about when I teach. The mtc really taught me nothing so I am learning everything over again the right way. It is a slow process but I will get it eventually. My trainer is making things so much easier. My companion is from New Zealand and is so helpful with everything. He is really great. He has a lot of confidence in me and knows that I will be a good missionary. He is helping me get to know the lessons really well since the mtc never taught us the lessons or scriptures. So I have to learn everything on my own. but that is why they give us trainers so we can learn from them what to do. He is so cool and has been out for 13 months so he knows what he is talking about which is nice since I don't. I'm getting better at street contacting, but teaching - not even close. The good news is we have 2 investigators with a baptismal date so I have to be doing something right. I forgot to write down my address so I will send you a letter with it and some other things that I need. My ADD is still an issue. It is hard to concentrate when I study and when we are in a lesson and the investigator has a dog. So it is something that I am working on. While I was in the mtc I thought I knew everything about teaching and that everything would go great out in the feild but I was wrong. I don't know anything! And teaching is reallly hard when you don't know anything. But I am doing well. The ward here is really nice and we are fed dinner everynight so that is nice. I have eaten some Tongan food already which was interesting. It was meat wrapped in leaves and some fresh tapioca, it was good but not my favorite. I don't have any cool stories yet cause it has only been a week but when I do, I will tell you. I love you. Tell everyone hi for me. I will most likely be online at this time every Monday. Love you. Talk to you in a week.

No comments: