Aghhh I look awful today.. oh well. That is what I get for waking up so early to make a cake, you don't get to put makeup on before you deliver it. So Wow this wedding was CRAZY! There are more pictures on my individual blog but here is the cake I did today for a wedding. I'm glad it is over.
I'm really posting though to share some amazing news....
WE ARE MOVING!! DARWIN GOT A NEW JOB! Darwin was just offered the Planning Director Job for Lake County, Oregon. This job is good in many ways and sad in only few. I never thought I would be sad to leave Burns.. but I am in a few ways, I have made amazing friends here who will be missed. I will miss our ward so much! Our ward is great and I'm a bit nervous about our new ward. I'm also nervous because we are moving to an even smaller town than Burns!!! aghhh! But.....it is closer to bigger towns, 90 miles from Klamath Falls rather than the 130 miles we are now... it is a wonderful opportunity, it is a pay increase! I'm nervous because we went to Lakeview last week to check it out before his interview, we were there on Sunday and decided to go to church. We doubled their primary and their nursery! There are No young women, only 2 young men and we will be the babies of the Ward, they average about 50 people per Sunday, so that makes me nervous!! We took this offer to Harney County and said if they could do something compareable then we would stay, they said congrats and you will be missed and we can't make you any promises. We called Lakeview back and accepted the job! Darwin will start work probably around March 7 and I will stay here with the kids until school gets out. Darwin's sister Deidre lives with us, plus Denver is in all-day kindergarten and we feel this will be the best option as hard as it will be. It is only 2 hours away so Darwin will come home on the weekends till after school is out and then we will move down there. I'm excited, anxious, a bit scared adn overwhelmed with everything we have to now but I know it will all work out as it should! We are so very greatful for this blessing and are looking forward to our next adventure!
7 years ago
3 comments:
(This is Roberta's mom, on her computer.) Congrats on the new job! I predict that you will learn to love your new ward, because there you will really be needed and appreciated in a way that you will never get in a larger ward. And if Darwin is happier in his job, the whole family will be happier!
What good news! I am sure you will all prosper in that setting. And I agree with Linda. Being needed and stretching to do things you haven't done before will bless all of you. It's going to be tough being apart so much for the next few months, but it really will be over before you know it, so hang in there. Congratulations!
I think your move sounds exciting! How cool to double the Primary! The cake looks great, too--for a camo wedding!?!
Post a Comment