We lost Alix in the Super Mall for 45 minutes the day after Christmas. I can tell you that I have never been so traumatized in my whole, entire life! It was horrible! A lot of prayers were said and thankfully we are together as a family again. I have never said such prayers of gratitude as the ones whispered once my daughter was back in my arms. (Looking back, I should probably be embarassed by my sobbing in the middle of the mall, but if it's happened to you... you'll understand!) I might have earned my first grey hair. I'll be checking!
Well, we are all doing great and can't complain. It's probably time to put my charming, well-behaved, adorable, sweet, and perfect (It's weird how much more I like them, now that I lost one...) daughters to bed. Have a great new year!
Love, The Bishops
Erin is the flour child in the fist picture.
Erin is in the pink pajamas, Brooke in green and Alix in purple.
Brooke making shortbread cookies.
And lastly, cute Alix in her apron (from Aunt Laura!)

4 comments:
How terrible! I'm sure that is the absolute worst feeling in the world a mother can experience, and I pray that I never have to experience it! Give yourself a big hug April - you deserve at least that much!
You hate to loose the kids now that they're so stinkin' cute!!! I'm dying to hear how all this happened. The last one I lost was really hiding from me by standing on the feet of the clothing rack right in the middle of the round rack, completely hidden by clothes and no feet showing. How to swing your emotions from total panic to pure rage in under a second! xoxo karen
Just remember that horrible feeling until they are teenagers --you may need the memory to overcome the urge to lose them when they are driving you bonkers!
I like your idea of having them bake with only minimal clothes on.
Much easier to wash the kid than the clothes. xoxo to all!
April, Many years ago I lost Candace in a store. I was so very frighten and at the time the store personel where not very helpful. I created quite the stir until someone finally helped me find her. Candace was three and when she lost me she walked out of the store and headed to our car in the parking lot. I have never been so scared. Thank goodness someone saw her head to the car. Much love Ann
Post a Comment