7 years ago
Thursday, August 02, 2007
I liked to reach out to all the family and gather all our faith and prayers. A few days ago Porter went in for his four month check up. The doctor was concerned about the shape of his head. Today the doctor called and request a visit with Darwin and I. We went in, and he believes that the front growth plates in Porter's head have fused together early, normally babies have a soft spot on their heads which slowly closes till about age two. Porter's soft spot is pretty much non-exsistant. The only way to know for sure what our situation is, is to get a CT scan of his head. We will be going to Bend next week to meet with the Neurosurgeon and to complete the scan. They will have to sedate Porter, during the scan. Our doctor who has been discussing this issue with the Neurosurgeon and a pedatrician in Bend , believes as do they that most likely surgery is inevitable. The scan will let us know for sure. They said that in most cases, there are no developmental side effects due to this condition, but if we don't do something to correct it there is a chance that there could be problems down the road. I'm asking that we as a family do a family fast for Porter on Sunday. My family as well as Darwin's have already said they would. I feel that everything will be okay as long as we have faith. I'm asking for the faith of all of you, to help us. If anyone has any questions or comcerns please feel free to contact me. Thank you all and we love you. The Johnson's 541-589-4007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We will be fasting and praying with you today. If you end up in Portland for tests and stuff, let us know when, and I'll drive down to be with you you.
Thanks April, that means alot. He has his CT scan on Tuesday so we will know either then or Wednesday what needs to be done. Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you up to date.
We might not be there in person, but you've got our love and prayers and all the good wishes we can send your way. Ditto to what April said.
Of course you have an open invitation to stay with us if you end up in Portland - we're only about 5 miles from downtown. You are all in our prayers.
As much as I want to be there to help you out in any way that I can, the best I can do is fast and pray for Porter. I may also fast for him again on Tuesday. Jordan and I both send our love and support. Have you thought about coming down to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake for the procedure if surgery is required?
Call me anytime if you need to talk. 801-518-0030
Post a Comment