What a week! A lot of good things and odd things. We have run into a lot of strange people that want us to smoke weed and drink with them, but also we have picked up some really solid new investigators. And in a few weeks, we are having a baptism for a 10 year old. I have only met them once but they are an awesome family. They are less active and starting to come, back at least the dad is, and the kids all have a ton of energy.
There are such humble people here and there is a lot of potential and I am glad that I get to be here. We have not had a lot of teaching opportunities because we are doing a lot of finding and that is how we have run into a lot of strange people. It is amazing to think about how strong of an influence friends have on someone's life. We got to read through the new "For Strength of Youth" booklet and it is so much better than the old one. "Friends" stood out to me so much because I think of some of the friends I had back home that were not best influence because of the choices they made and how they would make fun of me. It wasn't until I came out here, that I realized how much anger was built up inside of me because of all the comments that had been made and other things. I am glad that I can go home and make new friends. There are so many great things that were mentioned in the booklet that really touched me. I recomend reading it.
I am sorry I am so boring in my letters and I am trying to make them longer, but I never have enough time and not too much happens out here yet. Well, I love you all.
Elder Pelton
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment