Monday, February 13, 2012

A Letter from Andrew:

Hello family,
Things are going really well and the weather has been really good. Winter does not want to come. One really good thing that happened this week while we were out trying to see a less active. We talked to this guy smoking on his porch and he said " You guys are dressed up nice." We told him that we were missionaries and we go around and talk to people about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he told us that he was looking to find a way back into a faith. When I first started talking to him, I thought he was going to just make fun of us and not be interested. But sure enough, he turned out to be interested. He said he needed to make changes in his life to be better with God and he wanted to be close with Him again. We told him that we were sent here to help him with that, to help him make those changes, and help him gain his faith back. He said that he was looking for a church where he could feel the spirit and cry to God and ask for forgiveness. We taught him about the restoration and how he can know that the true church has been restored. While I was sharing the First Vision with him, you could see the tears well up in his eyes and his face turn red. I know he felt the Spirit. We had a prayer with him on his porch and and by the time I finished the prayer, he was crying and thanked us for what we said. He also accepted to be bapized and to let us us come back the next day to talk to him more. It was amazing to have that expirence since it has been a struggle to find people and opportunities to teach people. But I know the Lord is preparing the hearts of men to hear our message so that they can find the blessings and ordinances of salvation so they can return to live with God again.
I love this work and the blessings it brings into my life. I hope all is going well back home. I love you very much and thank you for supporting me as I work out here. I love this work and the people here.
Elder Pelton

No comments: