Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hello family! 

I thought that I would go ahead and give you an update as to what has been going on in my life.  Josh & I are still living in Holladay, Utah, and as soon as our roommate gets the picture and discovers that our landlord (Josh's sweet Aunt) is serious about him moving out we will be in the market for a new roommate. 

Aiden is getting bigger and smarter by the day, and oh yes, definitely getting cuter by the day too, if that is even possible. He has discovered the joys of pulling himself up onto everything he can, including the dishwasher at his favorite baby sitter's house.  (sorry for the poor quality, camera phone)

A few of his favorite things are: His Daddy, his face lights up every time Josh is around, his brother Dallan, he can always make Aiden laugh, his sister Shyanne, although we don't get the chance to see her very often because she is so busy with work and being a senior in Highschool, whenever we do get to see her, the two of them are inseparable. His momma, man alive if I am around he has to be right on top of me,FOOD, man alive can this little boy eat.  his favorite foods are; sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans (NOT pureed), bread, German Pancakes, the big thick pretzel sticks, just to name a few, I could go on, but don't have enough time. He also loves chasing our lab in his walker, and will chase that dog for a good hour before he decides to give up.  He is in the process of cutting his second tooth, having a cold on top of it.  So needless to say he hasn't been sleeping lately, which means neither has his momma, but it hasn't dampened his happy go lucky spirits too much.   We love him and are so glad to have him in our family.

Josh is the General Manager of the Dominos Pizza just down the street from our house, and has done amazingly well with his employees and his store.  As much as he loves what he does, he is always looking for job openings in the Cabinetry world building and installing custom cabinets again, which is something that he is GREAT at doing.  He has worked for a bunch of high end cabinet companies, but had a hard time getting back into it after he lost his job due to the economy closing the last place he worked for.   On his days off he gets to stay at home and play with Aiden all day until I get home from work.  I am so lucky to have Josh, he is a super amazing dad to all of his children!  He is even so super that he will change poopy diapers without being asked!! 

As for me, I am loving every second of being Aiden's mom.  He is one of the biggest joys of my life.  (His dad being the other)  I am currently working for a non-profit organization called Utah Youth Village, hopefully I won't have to be a working mom for ever.    I am also becoming more domestic, thanks to Candace, I have not purchased store made laundry detergent since her post of homemade laundry soap, I have since discovered the joys of semi homemade fabric softener sheets to encourage money saving anywhere possible.  I am also discovering again my love for cooking and baking.  I want my kids to grow up remembering the smell of bread in the oven and soup simmering on the stove and Saturday morning pancakes like I remember from my childhood.  I posted my self challenge on my blog in order to help me achieve this dream.    I am also very interested in pursuing the joys and wonders of canning.  My friend had me try homemade pickled beets the other day and I was in HEAVEN!! They are so yummy!! I want to learn how to can beets, Aunt Carla's Delicious Salsa, canning meat, and much more!  (Recipes and suggestions of your favorite thing to can are welcome).

Well, I guess that is about all I have time for today.. Hope all of you are happy and doing well.  Love from the Westover/Williams family!


1 comment:

Carla and crew said...

sounds like you are your mother's daughter!