Monday, November 14, 2011

Greetings from Andrew:
Hello Family and friends reading this!

This week has been very spiritual and uplifting, along with its
hardships as well. We were able to pick up a lot of new investigators
who seem very interested and want to learn, so it has been a very good
week of finding those people that are seeking for the truth. I have
really noticed how much better I have gotten at teaching since I am
with someone that does not know how to teach very well. Sometimes I
notice that I don't teach the best way or I am not very direct with
what I am saying but it is all a work in progress. I have had my fair
share of down moments of thinking that I have not changed, or I can't
do this or even how annoyed I can get at my companion, but all of that
is past me. It is just Satan trying to stop me but NO WAY! It won't work.
It also helped that we got to listen to C. Scott Grow from the first
quroum of the Seventy. It was awesome to hear him speak. There is just
something different when you here them speak- everything they say has
this feeling of power and authority. You can tell he has been called by
a prophet of God. It was sweet. He talked about planning more
effectivly so that we could achieve the goals we set and not have them
just be dreams, but be realities. He also talked about doing this work
with a full purpse of heart and not going around going through the
motions of a mission or life, but to make things happen and let your
mission change you as a person. That hit me strong. I need to be
doing this to the point where I am not worried about anything or even
think about anything, except for the people that I am seeing and how I
can better myself as a missionary and to really let my mission change me
as a person, so that when I get home I can look back with no regrets
and not be that same watchful, shy, cautious, non outgoing, self
conscious, etc. old self. He also did a question and answer section
and I could not think of anything to ask, but there were some good
questions and he gave some inspiring answers. It was awesome to hear
him speak, even though I was sick and too focused on not letting
my nose run too much or how much my head hurt. I still got somthing from
him speaking.
So I am very excited to do this work. Some of the new
people we picked up are really inspiring like one kid we met who
is 8 years old. He called the number on the back of the pass along card
for a Finding Faith in Christ dvd. He wants to get baptized and go
to church. He is very inspiring to only be 8 years old and
want to do this. His parents are open for him to find his own religion
and believe what he wants. We will teach his mom as well since she will
be sitting in with us on the lessons, she is not interested, but we
will get her. We have also talked with these two ladies that are
trying to help a less acvtive member come back to church. They are
not members but we have taught them a few times. They have a Jewish
back ground and have really high moral values, I would say higher than we
do as a church. Her daughter, who is at least 25 or so, never watched a pg-13
movie or even had a TV in the house until she
was 16. Pretty high standards! But they are interested and
we are going to teach them. That is the story of this past week. Lots
of good stuff. Hopefully, we will have lots of baptisms by the end of the
year.
Love you all that are reading this.
Andrew

No comments: