Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Arggghhhh Matey! We had a wonderful and long Halloween weekend. Friday there was a carnival/fundraiser for the elementary school, so we all got dressed up in the costumes I made and went to support Denver's school. It was great fun and we won best overall costumes! ( I think our Treasure box of Carter put us over the edge!) yipee! I spent several days making them and overall am happy with how they turnes out, although I think Darwin's hat is a bit big, I should have made it smaller....oh well, So we had a late night that night. Then Sunday was the ward trick or treating...which for our tiny ward was great and holy cow did they get a good haul! Being that there are only 8 kids in primary and 4 kids in nursery...they went around and around and around till all the candy was gone! It was also great fun and another late night. Sunday was as relaxing as it can be...we only had scarament as the pipes to the building were frozen and so they canceled the rest of the meetings. Highlight of the day was Denver snapping his NEW glasses into three pieces...wonderful. Then the big day Halloween was finally here, I was relieved as my kids have been driving me nuts asking when is Halloween...Denver had a great little party at school, no costumes allowed(lame) and Porter and Parker had great fun at their school party, Porter went as Porter Cowboy and Parker as Robin as I didn't want them getting their pirate costumes dirty. :) While they were gone I was busy getting our Halloween party together. I made Mummy Pizzas, Jackolatern cheese ball, spider deviled eggs, mummy dogs, witches fingers, witches hats and candy corn rice crispy treats..(pictures will be posted on my recipe blog) And then the craziness began...our house was full of 15 children under the age of 10 and all the adults....It was wonderful fun. Then we went trick or treating...not so much fun. Everyone told us where we should go as our neighborhood is mainly older people and their porch lights would be off...well apparently the entire town goes to these three streets and it was nuts! And Denver just didn't understand that there was PLENTY of candy for everyone and that it was more important for him to stay with us than to run and push up at the doors. We did one street and then Porter started screaming that his head hurt...it was really windy and cold and his head is Really sensitive, Emery was shivering so we called it a night. I think next year we will just do our neighbors and the trunk or treating and a party and call it good, cause the trick or treating was SO not worth it!
       As for other news, Carter is doing well and putting on weight, he is probably about 9 lbs now and doing well. We are blessing him this Sunday here in Lakeview. Darwin has his evaluation today at 1, so in 26 minutes and we are praying for a good review and a possible raise...so we will see. Also Darwin's Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer a few weeks back but had surgery and was very blessed in the results. The family all has seen how the Lord hears and answers prayers. We are potty training Emery...which is more work that ANY of my boys...she is doing really well but doesn't want to wear panties or a diaper after she goes, which is really frustrating!! Parker is loving school and is learning so much! Porter is also doing well and is the entertainment for the class. I'm alive and doing well, just trying to keep up with everything! anyhow love you all!

3 comments:

David & Brenda said...

I'm not surprised you won first prize. Your family is adorable!! I sure don't know how you find the time to do everything you do though. Be sure and take some time for you. You deserve it.

Unknown said...

Jack wakes up dry quite frequently, but usually wants nothing to do with the potty. I'm tired of buying diapers!!

Ruth Sagers said...

Seriously, I have one child and I can't get anything done! How do you do it all, wonder-woman?? You're amazing!