Tuesday, September 06, 2011

This came from Don and Rosie's daughter Susan:

(I've heard rumors about this!)

I was testing the children in my Sunday School class to see if they
understood the concept of getting to Heaven.
I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave
all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?'
'NO!' the children answered.
'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything
neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?'
Again, the answer was, 'NO!'
By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!
'Well, then, if I was kind to animals, to all the children, and loved my
husband, would that get me into Heaven?'
I asked them again.
Again, they all answered, 'NO!'
I was just bursting with pride for them.
'Well,' I continued, 'then how can I get into Heaven?'
A five-year-old boy shouted out, 'You gotta move to '' COLORADO "

3 comments:

ann and steve said...

What a smart kid. After all John Denver did sing a song Almost Heaven Colorado. Can't remember all the words. We love Colorado.

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Colorado is the promise land now don't you know, can't wait till some day I can be back there!!

Linda Westover said...

That's NOT the ending of the version I heard! But I suppose those of you in Colorado have to have something to entice us to come see you:)