7 years ago
Monday, June 20, 2011
This past week has been really good for us. My companion is starting to talk more as we walk around and while we are in the apartment, so it is not so quiet anymore. I have found myself praying a lot for him and to have patience to make it through everyday. I can feel Heavenly father work in me and I feel very in tune with him as I pray and teach people. This week has had its ups and downs, my companion thinks he knows everything to a point, or likes to state his point about everything that I say. So it is a challenge everyday. We have had a lot of chances to teach people but a lot of people are trying to dodge us. We did have one amazing miracle this week. We were going through our less active list and picking out names to go see. We picked the name Kelly Young and we headed out for the day. This was on Saturday and the day had been going slow. I was kind of down cause we do not have a lot of people to teach and the people we are teaching are really stubburn, but great peolpe. On the way to see if Kelly Young was home and interested at all to meet with us and come back to church, we got stopped by this one very poor lady that needed help carrying some bags to where she was staying for the night. We helped her and we walked past the address for Kelly. It was this gas station that was run out of a house. So when we finished helping the lady, we walked back to the gas station but the sign said closed. We were both unsure about what we were going to do, so my companion told me to knock on the door since he did not want to. I knocked and this guy came to the door and I asked if Kelly was home. He was Kelly. So we told him we thought we would stop by to see how everything was going for him and his family and he said everything was going great and he offered us dinner, but we had just eaten. He seemed very nice. Then he asked us for a Book Of Mormon so he could read it with his family because he got out of jail a while ago and he wants to teach his kids more about the church so they could live a better life than he did. We offered to come and teach his family and he was so excited that we are willing to come around and teach his family. He said he wanted to quit smoking and drinking so he could come back to church. He wants so much for his kids and wants them to be baptized so they can live a better life. It was so amazing for us cause it changed our whole mood for the coming week and the rest of the day. We are going by tonight to teach them and have dinner with them. God does answer prayers and I know it. I love you all. Andrew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment