Monday, March 14, 2011

Mon, March 14, 2011
Hello from Elder Pelton





I survived my first transfer, 6 whole weeks of it. Nothing has changed with me, I am still in the same area with the same companion, so I am still going to be here for most likely the next transfer as well. So I will be here for a while. Everything is going well for me. Now I'm realizing all the things that are slowing me down from moving forward. Now I'm trying to focus more on the people that we are teaching and what they need. I have been having trouble with remembering what we taught someone and what they need, so I have been trying to find ways to help me remember things. If you have any ideas, let me know.
This week was a slow but awesome week. We met these two kids who are 13 and 14 who are really excited about meeting with us. We went to go see a referral and the person we went to see was not there. But those two kids were there to answer the door. We taught them about the restoration of the gospel and where the Book of Mormon came from. They were really excited about it. They told us this was the first time they were excited to read anything like the Book of Mormon so we will see them sometime this week.
We are having a baptism this Sunday so I might have the chance to baptize someone. Her name is Linda Fernandez. She is very cool, loves meeting with us and talking with us. She is ready to be baptized. She has been investigating the church for a few years and now she is finally getting baptized. I can't wait to see what crazy things are in store for this coming transfer. The work here is moving froward and I love it. I love reading the Book of Mormon. I wish I could sit down one day and just read, but I never thought I would feel this way about reading it. I have noticed how much this gospel means to me and I don't think I could live without it. I love sharing it with everyone.
Everything is going great with me. I can't wait to talk to you next week. (I'm not sure what he's talking about. kp) I love you all.

No comments: