Grandma and I had gone to a Relief Society activity where the lesson or activity was about going to the temple and doing our family history. I came away from that activity feeling like such a failure. I wasn't doing my family history. I didn't take a family name to the temple every time we went. In fact we didn't get to the temple very often because we had four small children and Steve worked crazy hours. My house was a mess. My children didn't keep there rooms clean. I didn't make bread or mend socks.I wasn't the perfect LDS mother and wife. ( Call it the baby blues.) I was feeling very bad about myself.
Dear Grandma gave me some advice that I have never forgotten. She said," Ann there is a time and a season to all things. The time you are in right now is raising little ones. There will come a day when family history will be your focus. But for now spend your days loving, raising and teaching your children. Time will flee by before you know it and they will be gone." So true were her words.
I had a renewed look at my life. I took a step back and decided what I needed to do with each season of my life. She was right the time did fly by . Those four small children are now all grown up. Two are married with children of their own. Each one of them of those four small children have become a wonderful person and I so glad to be their mother.
After we moved to Colorado and Miranda and Jana joined our family. My seasons changed again. Grandma's words have often come back to my mind and I remind my self I need to work onthe season I am in right now. She was a wonderful lady and I will miss her.
Thank you Grandma for helping me see my worth and the importance of my role as a mother.
My love to you all.
Ann
3 comments:
That's a great lesson to learn.
I think you're perfect just the way you are :-)
I loved this mom and this is very relavant to my life. You have told me this many times and I love that I can think that it is Grnadma's words of wisdom being passed down to me! You are the best mom and I love you!
Post a Comment