Saturday, January 16, 2010


I have been waiting to make an announcement like this for years, and the time has finally come! I passed my state boards for nursing and (as soon as I get my license in the mail) can practice as an LPN. I wanted also, to thank each of you for your support. So many people have helped out with babysitting, and I can't say how much I appreciate it! Most especially, I want to thank Eric and my wonderful children. Eric has had to endure more than what any husband should have to in the first 3 1/2 years of marriage. He has been supportive the whole way. Alexis and Spencer have been so great also. They have both grown up in front of PBS Kids while Mommy does homework, and learning to be so independent at such a young age. Sometimes we forget that they really are GREAT kids. I love my family so much and never could have done this without them!

9 comments:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Congrats that is so very exciting! Good Job! We are all so very proud of you!

Ruth Sagers said...

Way to go, Super Mom!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! I knew you'd pass with flying colors! Congratulations Shelene, you are an excellent addition to our family!! PS - I don't know how you do it, you really are super mom!

Linda Westover said...

We are so proud of you -- and extremely grateful that you're part of the family! And yes, Eric is
awesome, too!

Jessica Waters said...

Congrats on a great accomplishment!

Karen said...

Good work!! I know, there's been LOTS of work, right?? Well done. Now the fun begins! :)

Carla and crew said...

congratulations! the world will be better for another nurse - and another great mom!

David & Brenda said...

Congratulations!!! That is an amazing achievement!

Bob Westover said...

Everything has already been expressed so eloquently... so love and best wishes to you and your wonderful family. We will always be there for you.