Yesterday we had a freak storm. As we were leaving for church there were monstrous black clouds over the mountains behind our house. Thunder rumbling, and a storm approaching. We get to church early as always (I have many things to do before church). Five minutes before church starts there are maybe 15 people total in the chapel. We start the services and people slowly started to come in. We soon discovered a major hail storm had happened and people were stuck in their cars along side the road or stuck in their houses. At the church we didn't get any of the storm.
Steve went home during Sunday school to put dinner in the oven and to check on the house.
There were plies of hailstones along the side of the roads. Gutters over flowing and all the plants in our yard destroyed. I am not very good with the living green stuff. I decided to give it a try again this year. In fact as we left for church I thought how pretty the flowers looked. I thought maybe they would stay alive this year. Only to find out after church there is nothing left but stems. I think Heavenly Father is telling me to stay away from green plants.
We had to shovel the hail stones off the deck . If fact there a still piles of stones left this morning. What a wild day. More wild weather predicted for today.
Miranda and Jana just got back from Martin's Cove. Their Youth Conference was this pass Thurs-Saturday. They pulled handcarts for 10 miles, did the women 's pull, crossed the Sweet Water River chest deep, got rained and hailed on, ate cold food, their tent broke, walked through mud, yet had a wonderful experience. They were very tired when they got home. Very grateful for their warm beds, showers and hot food. They said they would do it again. That's all from our corner of the world. Love you all Ann and Steve
7 years ago
4 comments:
I'm almost glad something "dramatic
has happened in your area --- It got you to post on the blog! Seriously though, we're glad your all ok. The paper said this morning that there were several twisters yesterday in Colorado. At least you missed out on that.
Post again soon -- even if it's just to say that nothing is happening in your part of the world.
I'm almost glad something "dramatic
has happened in your area --- It got you to post on the blog! Seriously though, we're glad your all ok. The paper said this morning that there were several twisters yesterday in Colorado. At least you missed out on that.
Post again soon -- even if it's just to say that nothing is happening in your part of the world.
Maybe you could try carrots in your yard that grow under the ground!! I remember the last hail storm you had that did the same thing to your yard. We're glad nothing more serious than flowers were destroyed. We're doing Trek this year also. 4th time for me. Food this time again. I'd love to hear what the girls ate. Tell us about Laura and Nathaniel, too.
Our stake is trekking next summer. Barry wants to go, but don't know if we will be asked. Hopefully Jana and Miranda got strengthened in all the right ways!
Post a Comment