Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Carla and I attended Uncle Bart's funeral yesterday. The services were nicely done, and we learned some things about Bart hat we'd never known before. The tribute at the cemetery by the local VFW group was the best I've ever seen.
It was good to see some of the cousins whom we haven't seen for years. There are getting to be more of us in northern Utah now, so we plan to have a get-together some time this summer -- which everyone will be invited. David and Brenda were also there (with Ben, Heather and Lily, of course.) We chided D&B a little for not being active participants in the family blog; time will tell whether they repent of not.

2 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

I wish I could have gone as well, but wasn't too sure of how I'd handle being in the car most of the day. Besides, you would have had to stop more than once for a bathroom break if I'd been along!

Karen said...

Thanks for representing us. We are so sorry we had the dates wrong. We really wanted to be there. Lauren says there should be a program coming our way. Thanks. And let's nag Paul too about the blog!