Wednesday, January 21, 2009

O.K. so today I am driving Jennae and her skating friend Kiley to the rink. We are chatting away and I decide (for some unknown reason!!) to turn on a side street instead of going straight to the light as usual. So I drove right into a speed trap--going about 10 miles faster than the limit!!! Arrrrrrhh! So my daughter who just got her learners permit witnessed the process of being pulled over and ticketed. Great. I told her to learn from my mistakes. Then I remembered the sage advice of our father who often counselled us to "stick to the main arterioles." Oh how I wish I had done that today! And Lauren, I totally empathise with you!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I didn't realize today that the ticket you were talking about had JUST been handed out!! Sorry. At least you already own your insurance. No, I kept my "sharing" for just the immediate family who might care, instead of the room full of her old nursing friends who were doing all the talking. They did promise us a copy of the DVD, which was pictures AND a video of her being interviewed by some one.

Unknown said...

DOH! I hate it when that happens - not that it has ever happened to me...

The Green-Eyed Girl said...

oh man! how horrible....i'm sorry that you had to go through that too! stupid speed traps!