I think the last 48 hours have been the longest of my life! We heading down to Bend on Thursday for Denver's testing. We had to wake him up at 2am and keep him up till his appointment at 11am on friday. I thought I was going to have to fight him over waking up I woke him and told him he needed to get up and he would just go back to sleep. Then I asked him if he wanted to play legos and that worked he jumped out of bed and was ready to go! He played legos with Dad for three hours and then we all went to breakfast at 5am, then we went back to the hotel and swam for awhile and by then it was time to get ready for the doctors appointment. The only time I had to fight with him to stay awake was the car ride to the doctors office. He did awesome! We get to the office and they wanted to sedate him for the test, I said that was ridiculous and just give him 5 minutes and he'll be out cold. Sure enough he was. The test lasted about a hour. When the test was done the neurologist comes in and tells us that the test came back completely normal!! He know feels that they are fever induced seizers and that he will not need to be medicated!! YEAH!! Complete opposite from what he was saying two weeks before but oh well! We are just happy and blessed that everything is okay and that there is nothing wrong with him!
On to other stuff...Denver starts preschol on Monday and I'm so excited! He is too but I think I am more so! Right now he is in the afternoon session but most likely come monday he'll be switched to the morning session. Which would be wonderful! Then I'll have a couple hours in the morning with just two kids and then still have afternoon nap time with the three of them!! OH it'd be wonderful!!! Porter is doing good..still doesn't talk but oh well, it'll come! He is starting nursery on Sunday, it's alittle early but I think he might struggle abit at first so we are starting early to get him used to it. Parker is now five months old and san't even sit up yet however he is a pro army crawler and he is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth! It will only be a matter of time! Darwin is doing good he is super busy at work and has been working pretty late. There are up coming elections in our county and he orginally was going to run for city council man, which currently is already but has to re-run, but now he is thinking he might run for Mayor!! AGHHH! We will see, he for sure will be doing on or the other though! I'm well busy and tired! We have a cherry plum tree in our back yard and I got three HUGE boxes of Apricots from the tree at Darwin's work so I'm trying to figure out what to do with them all, and I'm going to attempt to can! We'll see. Anyhow thanks again for all the prayers love and support we appreciate it! Love to you all!
7 years ago
5 comments:
Congratualtions on getting at least half of your kids out of the house at the same time! Sweet bliss is only having two children for half the day? Who knew! Glad Denver is doing ok.
It's great to hear that Denver is doing ok. Preschool will be good for all of you.
Apricots are among the easiest fruits to bottle. They also make great fruit leather, jam, etc. You're lucky to get them.
Keep hanging in there!
What great news! We so glad to hear life is good. Mayor?? OK! Preschool? Priceless!!! Bottled apricots make wonderful smoothies, if your kids don't like them bottled.
Holy cow woman! Tell Darwin we'll vote for him if he ever wants to run for governor :-)
You are amazing--I never even thought of actually trying to keep a child awake! They are so sweet when they are sleeping! We are glad he's O.K. and hope that for you, too.
Post a Comment