Sunday, August 17, 2008










Bret and I just got back from Hawaii-- it was a premature 10 year anniversary. Next May is our 10 year but this summer was the first time that I have not been pregnant, nursing or with a baby to young to leave. Who knows what next summer will bring so we took advantage of it this year. We went with Bret's brother and his wife.It was amazing! Anyone who has kiddos and have never left them-- I would highly recommend it! It was so nice to rediscover that I am more than just a mom! It was great to remember all the fun and adventurous stuff I used to be able to do. IT was GREAT! Way better than a honeymoon- I guess you don't realize how much time you have until you don't have any time anymore!Anyways, here are some pics!


We went snorkeling, zip lining, we went to the top of a volcano to watch the sunrise and then rode mountain bikes down 38miles (it was all downhill!), and drove through a rain forest. I laid on the beach and by the pool and Bret and his brother went deep sea fishing! It was fabulous!


My mom survived my children for the week, and Laura finally understood why I am always so stressed and paranoid about everything. She took all the girls for dinner and a sleepover at her house. The girls had the greatest time! THANKS LAURA and MOM. I can't tell how grateful I am to my parents and my sisters for being willing to sacrifice a week for me. I LOVE THEM SO! Well hope you enjoy the pictures.


7 comments:

Eric Westover said...

10 years!? Wow, you're old! Oh wait, we're the same age. I totally agree about leaving the kids;) Congratulations!

Linda Westover said...

Now that you've learned that you can leave the girls behind, DON'T wait anther 10 years before you do it again! Believe me, it's much easier to leave them before they hit those delightful teen years.

Carla and crew said...

Barry and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon. It was wonderful then, but I can appreciate how much more wonderful it would be after almost 10 years! Now I guess we are thinking about going again--only we might have to take the girls, too!

April Bishop said...

How fun. My kids didn't even miss us when we went on a cruise. Oddly enough, we didn't really miss them either! I'm glad you had a great time. I wish I could have seen you at the reunion. All our girls can be "best cousins" as we are supplying quite a supply of girl cousins with just the two of us!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I'm jealous....Darwin and I have yet to have just one night with no children since we had them....maybe in five more years we finally will! Glad you had fun! I'm envious but still happy for you!

Karen said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Brenda Sue said...

Candace, you need to send your boys up to Portland to spend time with Roberta so you and Darwin can have some alone time!