Monday, January 07, 2008

So I just finished reading the "Twilight" series by Stephanie Meyer that everyone has been raving about. And now I know why everyone was raving about them! Holy cow. I didn't get anything done all week because I could not put those books down. So for all of you fellow Twilight readers out there, here's my two cents: I didn't like the second book that much, I thought it was kind of depressing, and I don't like Jacob. Hence, I didn't like certain parts in the third book about Jacob and Bella (I don't want to give any details away to someone who might not have read them yet). The third book was pretty awesome by way of super suspensefulness (is that a word?) and it was very exciting. However, I am hoping that this is not the last book in the series, I heard a rumor that the author was working on another one, and i hope this is true. She has to keep going so we know how everything turns out! Anyway, I loved these books, so if you're looking for something good to read that you won't be able to put down, try "Twilight," "New Moon," and "Eclipse" by Stephanie Meyer.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

"Twilight books?" What the hey are "Twilight books?" You need to join my book club and read some real books ;)

Anonymous said...

How have you not heard of them yet, Bert? They are super fun vampire reads (but don't let that stop you from checking them out) that I first learned of this time last year. I've loaned my books out to Katie - she's loving them also. I love that you can be 14 or in Rob's Grandma's case 86 and still really enjoy them! As for Jacob, I'm with you, Ruthie, I'm definitely an Edward girl. But seriously, how much do we have to read about how gorgeous he is?! Yes, though, there will be a fourth book. Can't wait! Glad you dropped in!

Linda Westover said...

Now if you want to read about REAL vampires and other varieties of the undead, you'll have to read the book that Dad's friend just published. "Monster Hunter International." He has done some serious research into the subject. This is a great "good vs. evil" novel. Bob was the proof reader for the book, incidentally.

Karen said...

I realize I'm close to the 86 year old grandma, but I LOVED the books also. Karrie got all of us hooked. Bonnie's Ben read the whole series while they were home for Christmas, even during a Sonics game in a suite at the arena on new Year's Eve. Check out her website. It shows you who they've picked to play the parts in the movie - starts filming soon - and news about another book. Karen

Unknown said...

I was just kidding, I've heard of them but never read any. Guess I need to put in a request to the library to put my name on the list.

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

I've read & loved them too. I got invited to join GoodReads on the internet, but haven't posted any info. about books that I've read yet. I'm always looking for good suggestions though, so if anyone else has any be sure to share!

April Bishop said...

I loved them as well, but got progressivly annoyed as the series went on... The second was barely tolerable, but the third was better. As long as she ends up with Edward, who cares, right?