Thursday, December 13, 2007

So it's been more than a year since I lasted posted anything on this blog; I figured once a year is as good as it's going to get for me! Really, I just don't have a very exciting life and nothing happens to us that is note-worthy enough for everyone to know. So here's our latest: we bought a live Christmas tree this year, and it's the first one I've ever ever had! Clayton thinks that I had a very deprived childhood. I am very excited to smell it each time I walk down the hall, but it sure is messy with all of the pine needles. But I still love it.

Next most interesting thing: I recently became a convert to soft contact lenses! I decided that the hard lenses were a pain and that I was sick of them. So I had a good talk today with the optometrist, and at this very moment, I am wearing soft lenses.

See why I don't ever post anything? Honestly, who wants to hear about my contact lenses?!

Merry Christmas everybody!

7 comments:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I want to hear about your contact lenses!! at least that way we know you are alive!!! We have a fake tree this year and I just light a pine candle! Cheating I know but less mess, plus we aren't even gonna be here! Great to hear from you! Love you

Unknown said...

Soft contacts are the bomb! Vince just got his as well - glad to see you've joined the "in crowd." Don't forget to water your tree! And don't forget to come and see me sometime :)

Brenda Sue said...

I'm glad you are a soft contact convert! And i'm glad you have a real tree.. I would die sneezing all day! I'll stick with my fake tree thank you! When are you going to be at mom and Dad's Christmas day? Call me sometime

Karen said...

Grandma says she has six "fake" trees outside her house and that's enough for her. We (Karen) have a real tree upstairs and it does smell nice.

Linda Westover said...

So did you two go up into the hills and cut your tree? Now that could be really fun.
As for your unexciting life, you're not all that different from everyone else -- we all tend to think that what we do is not exciting..and that's probably correct. It is the staying in contact with those who love you that is important. But actually many in the family would love to know about your horses and dogs, and that you have a cherry tree, etc. It helps us imaging being with you. So DON'T WAIT another year to post again. We love you both!

Rob and Juliann said...

I care about your new contacts Ruth! We just got our tree today. A bit late, but I have been avoiding it because Ian will just knock it down!

Eric Westover said...

Boy, I sure do enjoy being contact free from lasik surgery. Yup. We actually got a real tree this year too. I don't know if the nice smell is a good trade off for the pine needles, but you got to please the wife.