I thought I would give an update on Porters surgery yesterday. Everything went really well and he is in the ICU now. They may keep him in one more night. He lost a lot of blood but Candace said they did not think he would need anymore transfusions. He had good responses when he woke up last night. He is just very swollen and in a lot of pain right now. But it looks as if he will be OK.
Porter was smiling and happy right before he went into surgery. My mom said it was like he knew it was going to be OK and he was trying to let them all know that! Thank you all for your fasting and prayers it really made all the difference.
Candace and Darwin seem to be doing good- as good as can be expected. I think they are really relieved this part of the journey is over.
Thanks again for all your prayers. Candace will be calling me with updates. If any of you would like me to call you let me know. 719-548-9817. Other wise I will put updates on the blog when ever there is new info!
Love you all so much - Jessica
7 years ago
3 comments:
We are relieved to hear that things went well with Porter's surgery! Thanks, Jessica, for keeping us updated. And please pass on our love and support to Candace and Darwin. Any thing else that happens in life ought to be easy to deal with after this.
Love to all,
Linda
Great news!! I just called the hospital but no one answers the phone. I'm sure that means they're out for dinner. We're so glad this part is over for them. Much love. Karen
I just talked to Ann, and she said that Porter was awake earlier and was playing and smiling. Woo hoo! The folks at Doernbecher are the best and will take good care of him. I believe that S&A are heading up to Seattle early Saturday morning.
Post a Comment