Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hello! It has been awhile! Life has been hectic lately! Our exciting news is that on Monday March 26, at 2:02pm Porter Ezekiel Johnson was born! He weighed 6lbs and 13 oz and was 19 inches long. He and I are doing great. It was a long and hard labor.... I was in labor for a week. No joke. On Sunday the 18th the contractions started and they were five minutes apart, but since I was only 37 weeks along my doctor wouldn't break my water or put me on pitocin. Then they talked about doing an emergency c-section and then the next thing we know they are sending us home even though I still was contracting. So for a week I had contraction every three -five minutes but wouldn't dialate further than a 3, which is the same thing I did with Denver. Finally when I was 38 weeks my doctor broke my water and Porter was born six hours later, and boy did he have a cone head! He is so adorable! I'll have to get pictures up later. We don't have internet so it is hard for me to get access often. But our number is 541-589-4007. Denver loves his brother. Jessica and my mom were able to come and visit us which meant alot. Anyhow things are good and we truely are blessed. Love to you all.
Candace
Oh My mom said some family wanted our address it is
874 S. Imperial Ave
Burns OR 97720
Love you

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray, congrats kiddo! We need to either make the drive out to Burns, or you need to call me the next time you drive through Portland. We'd love to see your cute family!

Roberta

Linda Westover said...

We're glad you both came through OK. There are definitely major disadvantages to living in a tiny town, even if "family" does live there. It's probably a good thing that your mom wasn't there to chew on the doctor.
Anyway, we're excited for you and hope that we get to see you all-- if not soon, at least next summer at the Macbeth reunion here in Utah.
Linda

Karen said...

Wow! A week! I can relate to that. I'm so glad it all turned out well. We're excited to meet Porter. Hugs and Kisses to all. Karen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Candace!! I'm happy to hear you are both doing well!
Love,
Ramona
PS - Aunt Laura is having a hard time logging in to the blog. When you have a minute could you send her a new invitiation?

David & Brenda said...

Congratulations on your new little son! You sure do have a challenge getting those little ones here. How about a nice boring story with the next one?! Give Porter a kiss on the cheek for me until I can give him one myself... hopefully at the reunion next summer.