I just wanted to give a quick hello to my dear family before I turn into a pumpkin...no wait, until I go to bed for the night. Yes, it's only 7:20 p.m. and I'm ready for bed. I've been working full-time (temporary work) for the past couple of weeks, and have recently been going to work at 5:30 a.m. So by 7-8ish, I'm pooped! Add to that the task of wife and mother, and you've got one tired girl. But before I retire for the night, I just wanted to give y'all a quick update on the fam.
Vince turned 12 on the 1st of October, and (as I type) is having his interview with the bishop in preparation to receive the Aaronic priesthood. Hooray Vince! The week of Halloween he will be attending "outdoor school" at a location just outside of Mt. Hood. Cool to read that Jana is going to have the same experience in Colorado! He is an active member of the local baseball team, and is refusing to get a haircut. grrrr!
Miss Carly has been taking her first official gymnastics classes, and we've discovered that she is a natural. Half-way through the session the teacher wanted her to move up a level. She surely didn't get any athletic ability from her mother!
Izzy is 2, and quite the toddler. She has been potty-trained since before her 2nd birthday (thank goodness), and loves going to nursery. Her favorite movies are "Mary Poppins" and "The Wizard of Oz," both of which she could watch over and over, all day long if she were allowed. She really is a wonderful addition to our family.
Aaron is still hard at work at Freightliner, and helps to coach Vince's baseball team. As for me, I'm also working at Freightliner (again), but the assignment should be over in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness, because I've been neglecting my household duties since going back to work! Well, that's about all my tired eyes can handle. And gee, it sure would be nice to hear from, or SEE any family members who happen to travel through Portland. It's been in the 70's here lately! Well, not this week - RAIN... Love you all!
Roberta
7 years ago
1 comment:
I can't believe Vince is 12 wasn't he just 3 years old?
I dpn't know how you have the energy to work and be mom-- I am exhausted by 8pm and I am not working! Good Luck!
Post a Comment