Thursday, November 01, 2012



Happy Halloween!

Bad picture but you get the idea. Our theme this year was Peter Pan. I was Wendy, Carter Smee, Denver Peter Pan, Darwin the crocodile, Porter Captain Hook, Parker was the Indian Chief and Emery Tinkerbell, I made all the costumes. Our Week has been full of fun, starting with Friday and the Ward Party and trunk or treating. The kids got TONS of Candy there, our ward is really REALLY small. ( average 60 people a Sunday) and it is mostly older, and they love trunk or treating and bring TONS of candy. The kids go around and around until the candy is gone! Saturday was the schools fundraiser carnival, always a fun time, I made a cake for the silent auction and for the second year in a row we won the costume contest! Sunday was Church the kids were bummed that they didn't get to do anything fun that day... Monday we carved Pumpkins,

Tuesday was another boring day and yesterday was the day! For about a week the school was sending home notes about the class Halloween parties, each note enforced they aren't allowed to wear their full costumes, please only one piece and no masks. So Denver wore his Hat and Porter his coat. Then we get to school and find everyone in their full costumes! The kids wanted to go home and get the rest of their costumes but I was a mean mom and said No, the letter said One piece and we are going to follow the rules....they were bummed. Oh well. Once school was done we went to Dad's work and trick or treated. Then home for our Ghoulish feast,

Then the wind started blowing and the rain was falling, of course just in time for trick or treating.... We got bundled up and went up and down one small street and the kids ALL said We are done we want to go home! Fine by us! Home we went and watched Hocus Pocus then off to bed! I must say I'm glad it is over and time to put all the Halloween decorations away! Now on to the next holiday! hope everyone is well! Love you all!

No comments: