Happy Halloween everyone!!!!
Things are going well at the start of a new transfer. My new
GREEN companion is Elder Gubler from Riverton Utah. He is a
really cool guy, he reminds me of myself when I came out on my
mission, kind of shy but trying to act confident and happy, but
inside you are freaking out and are really nervous. I am glad that
I get to train him and give him all the help that I have been given.
He is awesome and he is doing really well. He has even gotten
involved in lessons this past week. I never did that! When I came
out, I was too freaked out. He is going to be an awesome missionary
some day when he learns to be confident and trust in God.
There hasn't been too much excitement this week cause it was
kind of short since we had transfers and I had to stay down there for
the training meeting and all that stuff that goes on. The crazy
thing is that the winters here get really stormy. On Monday last week we
had a little sample of it, it rained, hailed, thunder and lighting
like there was no tomorrow. It only did that for about 20 minutes and
then it calmed down a little and that made driving on the road fun.
Things with me are going really well. It is hard to keep my mind
off how fast my mission has gone by and how I wish I had more time to
do more but I know I have done what I could with the knowledge that I
have and the energy I have. It makes it a real challenge when I am
training and trying to keep my companion focused and not intimidated
that I have been out so long and am going home soon. But I try my best
not to talk about what I am going to do or even how soon it is coming.
It is a good thing that he wants to be focused on his mission and
learning how to do everything. It helps me stay focused as well and
keeps my mind on helping him learn.
Anyways.... we have been able to have a few good lessons
with some of our invesitgators and recent converts. We are teaching
this cool couple, Amos and Lynette and they are both really
interesting people that use to be involved with paranormal things but
now are off of it because of some weird experiences they had. They
really like talking about things related to the plan of salvation and
life. Amos likes to relate everything back to greek mythology and
Lynette is kind of quiet and likes to listen. They are the newest
people that we are teaching. It's time for me to get going since I am
out of time on my computer. Well I hope you all have a safe Halloween
and get lots of candy. Be safe and keep the faith. I love you and and
wish you the best.
Love from Elder Pelton
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment