Friday, September 21, 2012

 
Alice Emmons Foster Born March 17, 1917
Returned to her Father in Heaven today September 21, 2012

She was a wonderful mother and Grandma. Although we knew this was coming we are still filled with saddness at her passing.

She was a wonderful artist, we each have several paintings and drawings of hers that will stand as a rememberance of her and her life. She was a constant example to us of a righteous woman, she lived the Gospel to the fullest and always had a prayer in her heart. She loved to tell stories of her youth and her life. I remember each Christmas we would get a (check)box full of homemade candies from Grandma Murphy and they were the best.  
 
Here is probably the last picture of her, Taken August 15, 2012. I'm so thankful that I was able to see her one last time and that Carter was able to meet his Great Grandmother.
She is very loved and will be very missed. I take peace in knowing she is reunited with her sweetheart after almost 27 years of being apart. We love you Grandma.

4 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Thanks for letting us know of your grandmother's passing. I was glad that I had several opportunities over the years to visit with her.
Our sympathies and rejoicing are with all the Murphy family members, especially Ann.

Karen said...

I hope she had a quiet, sweet passing. She's waited a long time and deserved an easy exit. You've been the best daughter she could have had, Ann. We love you. Let us know what your plans are.
xoxo







Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. Our love and thoughts are with all of you!

Carla and crew said...

What a great life she had, and she left a great legacy, especially in her daughter Ann. I'm sure she is happy now! We will keep you in our prayers.