This week has been really interesting cause we went on exchanges with our zone leaders for about 2 days. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to drive from Fort Bragg to Ukiah. We were going to have interviews with our mission president the next day so we just stayed together for another day to save the miles on the car. It was like I got transferred to a new area and companion; it was fun. (I just have no idea what to talk about during my letters so sorry if they are a little dry or short.) We had a baptism though, so that is always exciting. It has taken about 2 weeks to get it to happen cause last week, the bishop and councilors were out of town, so we moved it to this week. It was for this kid whose parents got baptized about 2 months ago. Now he wanted to get baptized so his dad baptized him. Now, his dad looks like a scary guy but when you talk to him, he is the nicest person ever and the most faithful convert I have met in a long time but he baptized him. Then on Sunday, Richard is his name, got the gift of the Holy Ghost and his dad was able to give him the Aaronic priesthood as well. It was a blessing to be a part of it even though I did not get to teach them very much but I still feel that I am a part of him getting baptized. It was awesome cause every time I get to be a part of a baptism, it makes me excited to go out and find someone else and help them to take those steps to make that covenant and receive the blessings that come from it.
I love being in Fort Bragg. There are just so many people that are ready and willing to receive that blessing and I am glad that I get to be here to hopefully help as many of them as I can. We have three people with a baptismal date and we have a bunch of people that we are going to set a date with this week and I am so excited to be here. I love the people and the ward, and the weather is just perfect for missionary work; it is sunny out and 65 so it is perfect. Everything about being in this zone makes me happy. I am so glad I get to serve here. But along with all the good things, there are still the bad and I always get to feelings of being inadequate and that I should be better but I don't let those things slow me down. I just try to keep going and move forward and learn how to trust in God and find ways to apply the Atonement so that I feel better.
We got to meet this really awesome lady that Elder Thomson tracted into last transfer and she is super solid. They haven't been able to get a hold of her in a long time but we tried and she opened the door and went right into this story of how she was going through all this hard stuff with her daughters who are doing some bad stuff. Then she told us that one day she took the Book of Mormon and put her hand on it and asked God to give her strength and she went on about how no other book or church has been able to do that before. She told us that when she prayed, she broke down in tears cause of how the Book of Mormon made her feel so at peace and gave her strength to endure the trials she is going through. The next time we go by, we are going to invite her to be baptized and set a date with her. The Lord has truly prepared this place so that we could find these people and help them feel the affects of the gospel. I love my mission and all that comes with it and I am glad that I get to be here for my mission. I love all of you and hope everything is going great. Keep the Faith.
Elder Pelton
No comments:
Post a Comment