Hey everyone!  I got transfered to Fort Bragg.  It is out on the Coast again and it is awesome! I love it here - it reminds me of being in Crescent City and back at home: the smell of the ocean, campfires, and all the good things that come from being on the coast.  Life is good.   My companion is Elder Thomson. He is number 11.  He has only been out for one transfer so I  have the honors of being his follow up trainer and he is a good kid and it is cool to see how different he looks from being with companions that have been out for a while. He is good though.  He is from Las Vegas and he knows Elder Holland's son! He also got to be in the circle at the confirmation of Elder Holland's grandson, he was standing right next to Elder Holland and got to put his hand on his shoulder! That is crazy.  Probably the closest I will ever get to Elder Holland, good enough for me! But anyway, things are going awesome out here in the boonies.  We are an hour away for the nearest elders or sisters so it is kind of nice. Makes me feel more responsible when it is only the two of us out here. The weather out here at the start was sunny and 65 which is perfect and the past few days have been cloudy and 60 so it is not too bad.  It is just like home and I love it. Now I can be more focused and not have to worry about how hot I am or anything like that. 
   We have a lot of strange people that like to talk a lot and it is hard to keep them focused on what we are teaching. We just set a date with this lady named Jessica.  She is awesome.  She has 4 kids and they are really funny.   She has been taught for a month ish and we had an appointment with her last week and we started talking about Book of Mormon and prayer and she said that she feels that this is the right path for her to go.   So I invited her to be baptized and before I could finish my sentence of inviting her, she said yes.   She is planning on getting baptized September 1st! Woohooooo!!!!! This area has truly been prepared by the Lord, there are so many people that are willing to listen to us and we keep meeting these awesome people and so I am really excited. Jessica did not come to church this week cause she was sick but she let us take her kids who are 11, 9, and 6 the youngest is 1.   He stayed home, but the kids loved church and now I know what it will be like to have to keep your kids quiet during church.  I feel for parents now that have loud kids during church - I know what it is like.   For the most part, they were good, but it was more of keeping them entertained during sacrement meeting that was the hard part.
     Life as a missionary is great especially when you don't realize you have been out as long as you have until some one tells you.  My math skills have gone down the tubes and I am glad cause I found out I have six months left and not four and a half.   So I feel like I have been given more time to be a missionary when I thought I was going home sooner.   It was weird to hear what the plans were for the other missionaries I came out with about when they want to go home.  I now know that I am not extending though, so it is now down to staying out till January or in December.  
    I love being a missionary.  Sometimes you  have those moments when you feel that you are not good enough.  Then you have one moment when a lesson goes really well or someone says that we can come back and it makes it all worth it in the end because  you realize "Hey, I can do this. It is just all in my head."   I have come to know that everything really does start in our head and if we can get our minds around being on the Lord's side, things go better.   If we worry too much about what others think of what we look like or talk like or anything, Satan takes his trust wedge and hits it hard with a hammer right into that crack of self doubt and drives you farther and farther away from doing what you are supposed to or even leading down the path of sin and misery.   That is one of the biggest lessons I have learned and am trying to master.  Don't worry what others think.  Only worry about what your Eternal Father in Heaven thinks.   That is what matters.   Slow life down and enjoy the precious things that matter to you - not what others say should be precious for you.   BE YOURSELF.  That is where true happiness lies.  I love being myself now.  I am better than who I use to be.  But I am still a man of few words and I like it.   I love you all and wish you all the best.
Elder Pelton