Dear Family,
This was the last week of the transfer and I am staying in Petaluma for another. I am getting a new companion. His name is Elder Ramasima from Fiji. I have not met him yet but he seems like a cool guy and I am sure we will get a long great. I am excited for this next transfer. It is going to be an adventure.
We had a great lesson with this guy named Larry who is an alcoholic. We tried to help him realize he had an issue and that he needs to change. So we started to read 2 Nephi 31 about baptism and how it changes us, how it can clean us, and we can start over on life. We tied that into the Word of Wisdom and taught briefly that our main focus is baptism and what he needs to do to repent and come unto Christ. We invited him to be baptized on August 18th and he accepted! He realizes he needs to quit and is going to try to go to the 12-step program.
Things are going great so I am glad that I get to stay. The past few nights we have been going and saying goodbye to members because Elder Johnson was here for 6 months and he grew close to some of them. We went by and talked for a bit and it made me glad that I am in such an awesome ward that has such a love for new people and for the missionaries. We have been able to get to talk to a lot of the less active members lately and it is amazing how many people have such dumb reasons for not coming to church or being active in the gospel. Personally, I think there is no reason to leave. It does not make sense.
I have to get going. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you.
Elder Pelton
7 years ago
1 comment:
I agree with you - when people feel they have to leave the church it is not the Church that has changed! Keep on tracting!
Post a Comment