Monday, February 06, 2012

A letter from Andrew:

This week has been full of blessings that have been well needed. Since we came into this area not knowing anything, having no one to go see, and having 0 investigators, it has been a great challenge to find people to teach and baptize. This past week we had a blitz in our area where all the elders in the zone came and did some tracting and after it was finish we ended up with 13 new names that we could go and see and try to talk to. It was a very great blessing for us and 2 of those people accepted to be baptized. It was amazing to see how if we are diligent through the thick and thin, then the blessings come at the end. Now things have been starting to slowly get better and move forward.
We also had the opportunity to go to the Oakland Temple and it was amazing. The weather was nice, sunny and 75 or so and no clouds. It was awesome because it was Elder
Foyston's second time going to the temple. All the temples that he could go to were closed, like Provo when he was there and his temple back home. It was a blessing to go through with him. the temple is so amazing. It makes me realize how much of a privalege it is for the living and the dead. It is really cool to go through and try and think of all the symbolism they use in it and to think of the covenants we are making as well. I love going to the temple and I can't wait until I can go every week when I get home and spend more time there instead of only doing so little with the time restraints we have. I am doing well, though the facebook missionary work is still strange for me - I like it and I don't like it. I would rather spend more time on the streets doing stuff than on the computer. Sometimes I feel like I am wasting my time and could be doing other things. But it is nice to be able to keep in contact with people that I used to teach in other areas or members or things like that. So everything has its ups and downs, I guess.
That is the big news of the week. I can't wait to meet all the new faces in the family.
I love you all.
Elder Pelton

No comments: