Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This week's letter from Andrew.





We had some awesome things happen this week and we traveled a lot. I was in my own area for about 3 days, because of exchanges. We went to Santa Rosa and to the temple in Medford, Oregon, and we had a BAPTISM!! as well this week. This has been a very spiritual week for me and I have really come to know the meaning of Christmas more and who my Savior is and what it means to me. The conference we had in Santa Rosa was amazing. We got to listen to lots of testimonies of missionaries that were going home and musical numbers by some of the missionaries in the mission. It was really cool to see all of the missionaries in the mission in one place. I got to see all of the elders I came out with and those that I have served with and around. It was awesome. The whole time you could feel the love that everyone had for each other and how much it meant to them to be together. I came to know my Savior so much more because of the things that were said.


There is an elder in the mission that is serving a mini mission for three months because of some mental health challenges. He finished his mini mission that day we were there and was going home the next day. President Bunker brought the elder's family to the conference without anyone knowing. The elder is from the Santa Rosa area. President Bunker told us he was going to let us see what the joy would be like of seeing our families again in the celestial kingdom. H told the elder to stand up and go and sit with his family. To see the joy that elder had was amazing and the peace it brought to my heart to know that I can see my family again was something that I needed to feel. It made me think of how happy I will be to see all of you again in about a year. Crazy how soon! I loved the Christmas conference.


The week kept getting better. On Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to the temple in Medford Oregon. It was freezing cold when we got there. All of the hot weather has changed my internal temperature and now i can't stand being very cold. But it was an amazing time to be there because the spirit that the temple brings is great as well as the blessing it is for us and those that have passed on. I also came to know what happens in the temple is true. I am grateful that I have been able to attend it.
The best part of the week though, was the baptism we had on Saturday. We baptized a girl named Terri who is about 20 years old and is super awesome and has changed so much since we have been meeting with her. I got to baptize her, but I wanted my companion to since it was his first one, but I was not there when they went over who was going to baptize her. He was a little upset but it does not bother him. This week has been great spiritually but there is always opposition in all things - our other investigators with a date said that they wanted to start meeting with us after the new year because they were too busy, and yesterday some one left an anti-mormon dvd on our car. Those are the most ridiculous things ever. Never watch those! Stay away from them! They are very destructive to the spirit and testimonies. This coming week will be a challenge with the holidays coming up but I know that if I put my trust in God and Jesus Christ, miracles will happen.
I love all of you and can't wait to call home on Sunday and talk with all of you. talk to you soon
Love Elder Pelton
MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments: