Monday's letter from Andrew:
Hello family and all other listeners.
I got your letter, Lauren. Thanks. This past week has been really hectic with traveling to Santa Rosa for transfers and a leadership meeting. There has not been a
lot of time for missionary work cause I was gone to Santa Rosa on Monday and Tuesday for transfers, and then Thursday evening and all of Friday for a meeting. It has been hard to get aything done. And just to let you know how much driving it is, it is a 6 hour
drive one way to get to Santa Rosa so I've done a total of 24 hours
of constant driving this week.
An update on my greeny: his name is Elder Windhloz from Oklahoma. He
is 23 and was in the military. He is very dedicated to working hard and learning
as much as he can about how to teach, find, and do everything that a mission asks.
He is awesome and I can't wait to see the many things he will teach me. I
pray that I can be a good trainer and example for him and to help him
become a better missionary than me.
We have had some cool experiences in the short time that we had this week. On Sunday we went to dinner at a member's home. They have two daughters who are both less active and one
is not married and is having a kid. They were both at dinner and so we
talked with them and they liked us cause we were able to
show them that we are just normal people and then after dinner we had
a great discussion with them about what the Book of Mormon is and a
little about the plan of salvation. We also gave a Book of Mormon to
one of the daughters who normally has not wanted to read it or even have it in her own room, but she took one. Then the other daughter's boy friend, who is not a member, had never taken a book or really been interested in talking to missionaries, but we
gave him a copy and picked him up as a new investigator. We are
going to stop by this week and talk to them more. Also on Sunday we stopped by
at a potential investigator's house to see this lady named Margerette. She was
confused on how we new her name but we explained how when we met her and
she asked us if we could come back and talk to her and her husband today.
It was an awesome day and Elder Windholz got super excited about how awesome teaching is.
So things are going great for me and I am super excited for all the
investigators we have and to get them baptized.
I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you.
Love from Elder Pelton.
pictures will be coming soon
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment