Friday, September 30, 2011

We are home!!! It has been a crazy and stressful and scarry couple weeks. But we are now home and Carter is doing great! My water broke on Sunday September 16, at 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Being that Emery was born at 35 weeks and was fine we weren't overlly worried but I was nervous. His birth was relatively normal and I was fine, it wasn't until about three hours after his birth that he was starting to struggle and groan with each breath. After being airlifted to Bend and a few days of trying the less envavise stuff it was determined that he needed to be put on a ventilator and given medicine directly into his premature lungs. The night they put him on the vent we thought we had lost him. It was so very scarry. He spent 24 hours on the vent and 24 hours on the CPAP and then slowly weaned him off the oxygen. He is now doing great and is cuter than ever! He is tiny, though at birth he weighed 6lbs 7 oz and is down to 6lbs 1oz now. His siblings LOVE him a bit too much, they are constantly fighting over holding him and I caught Emery carrying him yesterday! We have been so very blessed through this and appreciate all the prayers. I should by now just expect the worst but it still amazes me when things go array. Oh well we are getting stronger and apparently we can handle all of this. Anyhow, I'm doing well, by far the easiest recovery for me and I know it is solely because of the blessing I received and that it was necessary. If you want to read a more detailed account of his birth with a day by day updates, it is on my facebook under notes. Love you all

1 comment:

Karen said...

We are all so grateful that the prayers that have been offered in behalf of you and your sweet family have been answered in such a positive way. I, for one, am glad to hear that you are still surprised by the oppostion because I think that means you are still as sweet as ever and I'm glad for that! Love to you all!