There are a couple of pictures of Andrew on his Mission Blog: http://santarosacru.blogspot.com/
There is also a short video clip of two missionaries. The elder from
New Zealand was Andrew's trainer. Both Elders tell amazing stories!!
This week has been a little slow since we had our Zone Conference all
the way down in Santa Rosa. That is the longest drive ever! Makes it even
worse when you have 6 missionaries in the car. It is about a 6 hour
drive from Crescent City to Santa Rosa and no stops except for dinner.
We stayed with some missionaries in Santa Rosa for the night and
that was also a bad idea - to have 6 missionaries in one apartment. I had
to sleep on an air mattress with no blankets, so I used my towel for a
blanket to cover my feet. It was a long restless night. Then we had
Zone Conference the next day on Wed. and President Bunker talked a lot
about the responsibility we have as missionaries being the only ones in
the world to do this kind of work. How we need to step up as a mission
and work harder than we have before and to never give up when
everything is going bad and times are tough. He also talked about how
there are three types of people in the world; those who make things
happen, those who watch what happens, and those that wonder what
happened. It made me think of who I am and how I need to step up and
start making things happen at a better pace than I am now. I need
to work harder and Crescent city is the best place for that to happen.
I can really put my shoulder to the wheel and push as hard as I can.
Other than Zone Conference, not a lot happened this week because about
half of it was spent in the car driving to and from Santa Rosa. We
have some really awesome investigators and we also got down to Klameth
which is the Indian reservation for all the Yurok tribe members. It
is really awesome to go and teach down there cause you see a lot of
really cool stuff, like people build log canoes and a lot of fishing is
going on now since Salmon season started.
Thanks for all the birthday stuff. It was awesome and nice to get some
home made stuff. I am doing pretty well. The weather has started to get a
little colder than when I first got here. It is foggy from about 1:00 on till evening
when it gets really foggy. But the temperature is just like home.
I love you all and I will have more stories about our investigators next week.
Love you. Andrew
7 years ago
2 comments:
using a towel for a blanket...at least you had an air mattress! Sounds almost like you are in a foreign country! Keep up the good work--the sacrifices are definitely worth it! We love you.
Andrew looks so hapy!! and skinny!! He has to be loosing weight.
Post a Comment