Monday, May 16, 2011

(We had a great talk with Andrew on Mother's Day! He sounds like he's doing really well. He said his trainer gave him a lava lava before he was tranferred. I assured him he would be a real man wearing it at the next family reunion with the rest of the real men in the family who wear skirts.)

This week has been an awesome week for us on every part of missionary work, and have had some really funny experiences. We had a great start to the week. We picked up this AMAZING family of 4, all the kids are above baptism age. They are the best family ever, so golden they are practically mormon already. The first time we went around, we were just going to scope out if this referral from the Crist family in our ward was as great as they made it sound. They were right. We knocked on the door and this lady answers it and greets us with the happiest hello I have ever heard. We said we knew that they were friends with the Crist family and we had just had dinner with them and they said we could come over. She welcomed us in and we had a long talk with her and then her husband came home and I was thinking, ok what is he going to think when he sees us sitting on the couch in his home talking with his wife. He came in and greeted us with a very welcoming hello, so we sat down and talked with both of them for over an hour on what we do as missionaries and what the church is about. Now that we have gone and met with them a few more times, they invited us over for dinner on the 24th, and the member they are friends with told us that they love talking with us. So the next time we go around and sit down and teach them, we are going to invite them to be baptized, it is going to be amazing.

Earlier that day we went to go see this lady that moved in about two months ago,who was baptized by one of the missinaries in our zone about a year and a half ago, who is now less active and does not have a testimony of the church or the Book of Mormon. She called us and said she needed a blessing and so we went over and she said she was feeling evil spirits in her home. We could not feel a thing. The kicker is every time she picked up the Book of Mormon and Bible we gave her, she feels this burning, like chemicals are on them - we felt nothing. She wiped disinfecting wipes on them and she had her carpet cleaned the week before. Then she had Jehovah Witness books on her table and we asked if she was meeting with them and she said yes, she met with them hours before us trying to get the evil feelings to stop. We asked why she was meeting with them and she said cause she met with them for 10 years before and it had been a while since she met with them last and she felt bad for them since she has not met with them in so long. So all in all, this lady is crazy and she is on our Top 15, so it was interesting to meet with her. We told her to pray for strWngth to figure out why this is happening.

we had Mission President interviews this week and I was so nervous for some reason and I know why now, after I met with him. So iIgo in and we talk about how everything is going and how the work is and how my companion is doing. At the end, he asks if I was struggleing with anything and I said I was but I got over it and that . need to man up and get out of my comfort zone. He liked that cause he is not one to baby us. He even said he likes that I have noticed that. The big thing he said to me was "I know you are going to have a very successful mission." They have high hopes for me and can see I have great potential and that they have a lot in store for me and big plans for me while I am out here.
I was freaking out when he said that. So we will see what is in store for me in the future.

We had a all mission conference this past week and we had Elder Snow, A'Dern, Cornish, and Packer from the Seventy come and talk with us. They all talked about how the Holy Ghost helps us and that we need to use it more while we are teaching and doing the work. It was also really cool to see all the missionaries I came out with. I will give more details next week when I have more time.
I am doing well -everything is going great. I could use some more music to listen to since all the ones I have I have listened to a thousand times. Thank you all for the prayers and support. I love you all. I hope this letter is better for you to know what is going on out here. Love, Andrew

No comments: