Thursday, April 28, 2011

Alright I don't know who all knows, and it is actually kind of comical... and here is the story...So Monday I took Emery into the doctor because she had a spot on her leg for several weeks that was continueing to get worse, sure enough it is a spider bite, so she is on antibiotic, luckily it isn't a severe enough infection or type of spider that she has to be hospitalized. So I was talking with my mom about how it is always something and we always have the strangest things happen to us. Then Enter in Tuesday afternoon..I started to have strange abdominal pains, I thought perhaps I pulled something and sat down, didn't help so I thought perhaps if I get up and move it will go away...didn't help at this point I'm starting to worry about the baby, so I call the doc, he tells me to talk tylenol and try a heating pad that I probably pulled something. Denver had his first T-ball game so I take him to that suffering through it the whole time. Then I get all the kids home and fed still hurting, I decided that I needed to go into the hospital, but I had to get all the kids in bed at least. So around 8:30 I decided to go, the pain was getting worse and I started wondering if it could be appendicitus. After a blood test and ultrasound, it was determined that it was indeed appendicitus and that it would have to be removed. I call Darwin who was in Lakeview and he started the drive home, it was midnight by this point. I got a blessing and went to the OR. They gave me a spinal and I was awake for the whole surgery because they couldn't put me under due to the baby, they also had to an open appendectomy rather than laperscopic because of the baby. After 2 days in the hospital I am now home appendix free and feeling much better than I did, however I am very sore. I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk till my post op appointment next week. Darwin has to go back to work on Monday, but the ward is so great and has arranged meals and child care help for me so I can recover. Anyhow, I went through 4.5 pregnancies with out a single stretch mark on my belly and now I have a big ole scar...oh well, this did reaffirm my desire to NEVER have a c-section!  So far the baby is doing good, but that can change fast, due to them being in there and moving things around it can trigger pre term labor, and if I go into pre term labor at this stage there wouldn't be much they could do...Anyhow, as if i thought nothing else could happen to us...oh well

3 comments:

Carla and crew said...

Candace!! you are amazing! Your story kinda makes me laugh, but then you gotta -or you'll cry, right?
Hang in there!

Karen said...

We're all glad you're someplace where the ward loves you as much as we do. And every time I get a chance to do something for someone in need, I think about all the people around the world who have cared for my loved ones. It makes me more willing to be of service and more appreciative of those who help you and everyone else!! We love you.

Ruth Sagers said...

Wow, your life is just . . . wow :) I hope you are keeping a journal! Glad you're ok!!