Thursday, March 03, 2011

PELTON GIRL CRUISE FEB. 2011




This will give you a taste of the fun we had last week. Bonnie got us all excited about going on a girl's get away and when we were all agreed, she had to back out. We sorely missed having her along, but we did our best to have fun without her. Lee Ann, Karrie, Juliann, and Emily (Karrie's roommate) shared one room and Karin Hill and I had another on the lovely Ruby Princess which left out of Fort Lauderdale Florida headed for the Carribean. (Gotta LOVE that blue water!) Our first stop was at the Princess beach where we did nothing but lay in the sand and splash in the water. Heavenly! Those are our feet sandy feet at the Princess Cayes. The next day was at sea so we ate, slept, ate, laid in the sun, ate, watched movies and ate.
On Wed. we arrived in St. Maarten where we hired a taxi to show us the island. He threw in the nude beach for fun! It was interesting to see the differences between the Dutch side and the French side. The French side banned all US products to protest our policies and it is totally undeveloped. They have almost no economy compared to the Dutch side which has a beautiful new bridge into the main town donated by Bill Gates who is a frequent visitor. We are on St. Maarten in the picture with Lee Ann holding the starfish.
The next stop was St. Thomas and we split up there. Karin went to swim with the dolphins, which she loved, Juliann went snorkeling which made her happy and the rest of us took a taxi to a local beach where we ate lunch on the beach and played in that amazing water.
Our last stop was Grand Turks. It's really kind of a made up place. It's board flat with nothing of any notability on it except a lighthouse, but the water is deep enough for the ships to come into and you can take excursions to other places easily. We rented motor scooters for the day and had a blast! There are wild horses and burros all over the island as well as flamingos! You can almost see the ships from all over the island because it's so flat, but the scooters were a fun way to get the sea breeze in our faces and rain in our hair on the ride back. You can see on Juliann's FB some of the pictures she took and Karrie and Lee Ann will be posting theirs too. The last day was at sea and we used every single moment to soak up the sunshine before the long flight home. Now that I'm back into the gray skies and rain, I realize I did not get enough sunshine but I sure had a good time!! I'd love to take a sister's trip, any time anywhere, as long as the sun is with us!

6 comments:

Carla and crew said...

I am so jealous! Thanks for the report and for soaking up some sun for us!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I'm jealous too! so much fun!

Linda Westover said...

Sign me up for that sister outing!

Unknown said...

That makes me so excited for our cruise this July!!!! I can't wait for the blue water, blue skies, and SUNSHINE.

April Bishop said...

Next time you should invite cousins.... Sounds like a great time! Welcome back.

David & Brenda said...

It really does sound like a great time! Glad you had so much fun! And, yes, I'm jealous too.