Hello from sunny California!!!
Sounds like everything is going well back home. I have no time to write letters which is hard because I like to write letters. It usually takes me a few days to write one letter because when we have a little down time, I will write a part of a letter. So my response to letters is really slow. This past week has been awesome. We have had a lot of success in teaching and finding. I think we picked up at least 5 new investigators or more. My teaching has improved 10 fold since my first week. The members in our ward have told Elder Harrison that I have changed so much, my confidence, and my ability to talk to people, but he won't tell me who said any of this about me. I am a completely different person now. I am more out going, and more comfortable talking during lessons. For me, it's cool looking back to my first days in the MTC and out in the field and I am not the same person. I owe it all to the advice of my trainer Elder Harrison, the Lord, and the Holy Ghost guiding in what I need to say during lessons. That is the biggest thing I have been working on since I came out, to trust in the Spirit to let me know what to say and to put everything on the Lord, all my concerns and worries about anything, and to never hold back the promptings of the spirit, if I feel I need to say something, I need to say it. I love it here. The people are awesome. The work is awesome, and the weather is getting better.
We picked up this new investigator, she is 16 and she is golden. I know she will get baptized so it is awesome. We were just walking down the street and said hi to her and she asked us if we were from out of town, and then it took off from there. She wanted us to meet with her the next day but we were busy, but she said she has been looking at the Mormon church and really likes it, so I am pumped to go and meet with her again. On Wednesday, we went to the Oakland temple and it was awesome. We got some pictures afterward. I got to do a session. We also went on exchanges with the APs. That was fun cause I got to run the area for a day. I had to plan the whole day out and it took forever, so it was interesting. Then yesterday was so busy during church, we were almost running from place to place, the whole day was like that. But everything is going great here. I love you all. Tell the family I said hi.
Love you. Talk to you next week.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment