It also took out the truck stop, the awnings collapsed and took out another building competely.. now to our damages, of course we had some...Recently it has been FREEZING as well, so on top of the 3 feet of snow we have we are having -18 degree weather in the middle of the day! I'm so over the cold! bring on spring!
As for other news, Denver lost his first tooth! I can't believe he is old enough to be loosing his teeth! His adult tooth was coming in behind the baby tooth so we were glad when he finally let us pull it, now if the other two around it would come out then it could move into place! Great fun, braces perhaps in the future.... we shall see!
Our Christmas... It was great fun and very low key, which was kind of nice. The kids were up super late the night before because they were just so excited for Santa to come. They couldn't lay still long enoug to fall asleep! Which made a late night for Santa's helpers of Darwin and I.. oh well, sleep is over rated...right? They kids made out like bandits raking in on the goods from everyone...except mom and dad. We did get them a few things but they were small and inexpensive, all but one of their gifts from us was homemade. I made them learning books, that I laminated so they can use a dry erase and do over and over again, I knitted them each their own basketball, that they may use on the door hoop without fear of hurting my house or someone, of course we all got pajama pants as well! I was happy to see that they loved them! But by far the favorite gift of all was...wait for it..... oh yes the clearance Halloween costumes my mom bought them! They put them on immediately and REFUSED to take them off for anything! We went to the big Johnson Family breakfast with all of Darwin's family in them, confused many of the little girls... were they suppose to dress up too?? And they wore them through the day and during our nice dinner and I had to bribe them to take them off at bedtime. They think they are pretty cool. Porter wanted to wear his to school today but I said, NO!
This next picture is my favorite. Darwin and I decided we weren't buying each other gifts this year to save money but he surprised me with a small gift. Parker was so excited when I opened it to find it was a box of POPS! He freaked out and we caught a bit of it in this picture! It makes me laugh. He was really confused when I opened the box and there was NO Pops in but white truffle oil....Mmmmmm I can't wait to use it!
3 comments:
The boys wanted super hero capes. I then decided to make them super hero costumes. Jessica suggested buy them Halloween costumes a the clearance sale. So the boys got their capes and a super hero costume to boot. So glad the gift was a hit.
You need to move somewhere warmer, like Portland!
Such a smart grandma!! And a keeper of a husband. Ummmm.
Post a Comment