Monday, December 13, 2010

I want to share a few statements made by our grandchildren in regards to Grandma Grace and her passing:

Trina, shortly after she received our call regarding Mom's death: "Grandma Grace died."
Lindsey (4): "That's okay! She will be resurrected."

Alix (April's daughter), 5 years old, the day after the funeral in Bothell as she sat next to me in Sacrament meeting as the water was blessed: "I heard the word 'blood'."
Brenda: "That's right. We are supposed to think about how Jesus died for us so we can be resurrected and so we can repent."
Alix (after a fairly lengthy pause): "Jesus died and came alive again. And because He did, Grandma Grace will come alive again too."

Cathryn (Joseph's daughter), who just turned 4 on Dec. 8, was quite concerned when the casket lid was closed after the family prayer and expressed concern that it was dark in there and grandma couldn't see. Throughout the viewing she had asked many times to go back to look at grandma and I would explain each time as simply as I could about death and the resurrection; I reinforced those teachings once again. Joseph told me later that she had turned to him and whispered: "Jesus is going to open the lid and say, 'Hello!'."

No comments: