7 years ago
Friday, December 03, 2010
I love Candace's idea to share something about Grandma. I was thinking the same thing last night! The one experience with Grandma that I value the most is when she taught me how to pray with faith. She was visiting our family in Utah when I was about 12. I was asked to say the family prayer and afterward Grandma talked to me about my prayer. She told me that the things I said in my prayer were nice, but I needed to learn how to show my faith in Heavenly Father through the words I used in my prayers. Instead of asking Him that he "might" protect us, I needed to pray that he "would" protect us. She explained that the word might is like maybe. We don't want Him to "maybe" help us or bless us. We need to show that we have faith that Heavenly Father can and will do the things we ask Him to if it be His will. I have tried to pay attention to the words I use each time I pray ever since this lesson. When I went to bed the night Grandma died, I prayed that Heavenly Father WILL help me to have the faith that Grandma showed me. I asked that He WILL help me to be a better example to my family and love unconditionally as she did. I know that He does have that power and that He WILL bless each of us as we come unto Him with faith. I am so grateful for Grandma and the example she set for each of us. I am grateful she raised her family in the gospel to know Jesus Christ is our Savior and taught us to love one another. I pray each day that we WILL be able to do that also. I love you all and appreciate the faith and love you share with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
beautiful, thanks for sharing.
That's a great lesson.
Wow, that is a great lesson, and definitely one I needed to hear. Thanks Rhonda!
Aw, what a great lesson! I love hearing stories that I haven't heard before.
Thank you for sharing this sweet lesson. It truly typifies your grandmother: she was a woman of great faith!
Post a Comment