Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Here are my crazy trick or treaters this year. They both loved trick or treating, even in the rain. Caleb has already emptied his entire bag of candy. He's a little obsessed. Happy Halloween!

Roberta asked me forever ago to post some pictures of our new house and yard. I'm a little slow. Here's our home. We've been here 3 months and love the neighborhood. Savannah and Caleb have both made some new friends, and we can even send them out front to ride bikes without worrying about all the cars if Caleb happens to run out into the street. Ruth came up and helped me plant some bulbs and other flowers that should help cheer up the yard in the spring. Hopefully next year we'll have a great garden and find a nice playset to go in the backyard for the kiddos.
Savannah has loved learning to play soccer, once she got over her initial problem of hating the other team for getting in the way and stealing the ball. Next activity: swim lessons! I think she'll love them!! I've spent the last 4 months putting together some things to decorate her room--the awesome quilt shown below, pillowcase, bed skirt, bulletin board, and wall decorations. I'm officially done, but I haven't put everything up yet. Maybe I should do that one of these days...
Caleb loves Cars--the movie, the toys, the songs, anything Cars. So, he got new Cars p.j. pants and a blanket. We also put up a cool sports wallpaper border that I ordered when I was still pregnant with him. It didn't come on time, so it never went up. I'm glad we waited!Mona showed me some cute craft pumpkins and I told her I'd try to make one. It was not my favorite project (it took forever, and was a little tedious), but it turned out okay. I'm always game for making something cute! Good thing it'll work for Thanksgiving so I can actually appreciate it for a while. Have a good one! Love you all!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the kids and house (great job on the butterfly quilt, I want to see pics of Sav's room when it's all done!) and I love how the pumpkin turned out! I for sure want to make one!

Linda Westover said...

It's fun to see pictures of your yard with grass! Next spring/summer should be lots of fun!
How fun to have a butterfly quilt!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I Love the pumpkin! I already got the tutorial from Ramona and will be trying it out with a friend soon!

Karen said...

Yea!! A new house. What fun. Have you seen the butterfly decals that IKEA sells? Way cute for walls. I would love to see the tutorial on the pumpkins, too.

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

http://www.whipperberry.com/2010/10/tutorial-paper-pumpkins.html

i haven't seen ikea's stuff, but i do have some brown vinyl that i'm going to use with my friend's cricut to get some cute butterflies!

Unknown said...

Hey, I have the same ovens and dishwasher!!! Hopefully someday I'll get to see the house in person. Thanks for posting!