
The event Riley's been diligently planning since March finally happened... she was baptized and confirmed yesterday by Grandpa Bob. Aside from too many unruly kids with oblivious parents, it was a beautiful program including a sweet talk on Baptism from Aunt Ruthie, a gorgeous piano arrangement of the song "Baptism" played by Riley's Great-Aunt Nancy (go here www.last.fm/music/Paul+Cardall/_/Baptism if you're interested in hearing it) and the following "tribute" from Ryder:
There are lots of things I like about Riley
She is brave and silly and always smiley.
We have lots of fun playing games and going swimming,
We like to play the Wii, even when she’s mad that she’s not winning.
She’s teaching me how to skateboard, she’s as good as any of the boys.
We watch Star Wars together, draw pictures and play with Star Wars toys.
We laugh and joke and love to stay up late
My dad doesn’t want her to EVER date.
She’s my best friend even though at times we fight.
She’s a good example to me for choosing the right.
I love you Riley and I’m proud of you for getting baptized.
I couldn’t have picked a better big sister; to me, you are most prized.
-------------
It was a lovely day and we were blessed to have had many family members and good friends attend the baptism and join us for a fun BBQ in Rob's mother's beautiful backyard. We were thankful the weather cooperated! We felt overjoyed to have had so many people support our little Riley-bug... she brings such a sweet spirit into our home and we are so proud of her decision to be baptized!
4 comments:
It was a lovely service! The food afterwards was pretty great, too.
Thanks for inviting us all.
Congratulations, Riley!
It was a very wonderful and memorable time for all. I was honored to be asked to participate.
does Rob take these great photos??
Post a Comment