About a week ago I experienced the scariest thing, something I never want to experience again. While at the Harney County Fair which is HUGE here....that is right I lost one of my children. Denver, Parker and I were going to get faces painted and Porter was with Dad and Emery at the concert area. Darwin started loading Emery into her stroller and looked up to Porter at the end of the isle, he went to buckle her in and looked up to go and Porter was gone. He came and found me and asked do you have Porter? No, I'm thinking he left Porter at the concert just dancing around. Five minutes later Darwin is back at the face painting asking, do you have Porter again... then I worry. We drop of the other kids at the concert spot where Darwin's grandparents are and then we go searching. I stopped every person I knew to ask if they had seen him, Darwin's Aunt goes and tells the help desk and all the workers start searching. About 20 minutes later I find him with a lady that we know. She tells me another woman brought him to her, and that he found her in the PARKING LOT, while she was loading her kids in the car, he came up to her and said I can't find my mom. Since she didn't know him she took him into the fair where her friend asked what she was doing with Porter. When I found him I broke down crying, I was wreck and SO done with the fair! I felt terrible, especially because Denver was really worried, he kept asking people at the concert area if they had seen his brother, then he asked his great grandma that he wants to look for Porter but can't go by himself, would she go with him? So sweet. He later that night had a nightmare that Porter was gone. We are so lucky that it turned out the way it did because it could have been bad...
On a positvie note, Our little Emery is walking! it is so cute to watch her tiny little self (still only 16lbs) walking. She still is unsteady and once she falls she opts to crawl but it is adorable.
Denver started soccer and it is so cute to see all the little ones swarm after a ball! Darwin is there coach and it is so much fun, Porter and Parker are his assistants and they take it VERY seriously! We head to Portland in the next few weeks for Porters appointments and hope all is well there. He has been complaining of headaches lately so we will see...
Parker is enjoying mornings with just mom and Emery. He loves having his choice of everything with out having to use timers or take turns!
Overall...life is great
3 comments:
It's the worst feeling ever. We lost Alix once at the Supermall for 45 minutes. I was totally sobbing at the security desk by the time someone found her. You never forget that pit in your stomach! Glad everyone's ok!!
Hey, you're human, and he'll never remember it when he's older. Hopefully. Give me a call if you want to get together when you're in town!
Nothing compares to that feeling! And you will never forget the feeling. It rocks you to your socks, but April's right, he'll never remember the way you do. Hope the headaches go away!!
Post a Comment