Darwin turned 30 this year!! He for some reason really struggled with it and it was really getting annoying. He kept complaining how old he was and that his body was so old and aching. My parents were here on his Birthday so we spent the day with family, little did Darwin know that a week later he would have ahuge surprise party. I was trying to come up with a creative cake, and thought about a big hill top with a grave at the top and then decided on this as his cake. It was hilarious! Since he is oh so old now I figured the casket cake was fitting. It was a great party and I'm surprised I actually pulled the surprise off!
Denver also had a Birthday in July. He turned 5! I can't believe he is five already! I felt bad because the whole month he was looking forward to his birthday and Grandma and Granpa Macbeth coming and what happens? The day before his Birthday he gets sick. And shortly thereafter it turned into pneumonia. poor kid. He wanted a Lightning McQueen cake so here he is with his cake. We had fun making it.We have also gone camping a few times this summer and are applying for jobs like crazy. We have applied for jobs everywhere from Seattle to Kennewick to Utah and Colorado and I have even gone so far to apply for ones in Wyoming which I think would almost be worse than Burns... Darwin still loves his job and thngs are going well, but we are just looking for something with better pay and closer to my side of the family. Darwin is also hoping to start Grad school in the winter. We are looking at either Public Administration or Business Administration.
Denver starts kindergarten here in 3 weeks and I'm sure I will cry. Porter will start preschool and has gone 3 days in big boy underwear with out any accidents!! this is huge for him and I'm hoping this is it! Parker is starting to talk up a storm and Emery is days away from walking, as tiny as she is. I'm tired, but that is my life, overall we are all doing great and enjoying our summer which is going by WAY to fast!
4 comments:
Loved the pics and the updates, Candace. Sure wish we could see you and meet all the little ones. We understand how hard it is to live so far away from family.
The cakes are so cute! And I can't believe how old little Emery is looking! What a cutie!
Bonnie's master's is in Public Admin. Maybe she would have a suggestion. Looks like it's been a fun summer!! I miss those swimming pool days.
Dad's not sold on Burns either. Burns is just to small. We did have fun and was great to see you all. We were so sorry Denver was sick. Hope to see you again soon.
Post a Comment