Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emery, waiting to take her brothers to school!
The boys on Denver's first day of Kindergarten! He was so excited!

Porter on his first day of pre school


Denver again on the first day.
Wow, this week and it is only tuesday is crazy! I have entered into a new world of carpool and bus routes. It is all a bit overwhelming. Denver had his first day of kindergarten on Monday and was really excited but bummed that mom wouldn't let him ride the bus. Here they do kindergarten according to where you live. There are actually 2 communities here one Hines and the other Burns, if you live in Hines you go in the morning and Burns in the afternoon. So I assumed we would be in the afternoon so I told the preschool Porter needed to be in the afternoon as well. They stuck him in the morning... so I spent a good portion of time trying to figure out if Denver could be switched... I was told I would receive a call telling me all his details and if we could switchhim. to this day I still I haven't received a call from the school telling me when Denver is suppose to go to school and who his teacher is... slightly frusterating. Oh well, his teacher is wonderful and I'm so gload they were able to switch him but since we are going in the mornings Denver can only ride the bus to school. when I picked him up on the first day I asked him if he wanted to go back he said only if he could ride the bus! I was very emotional and balled hysterically after dropping Denver off! I can't believe he is old enough to be in Kindergarten! My goodness!
Porter started preschool today and again the water works came. I was really nervous the entire time, Porter is so emotional and I didn't want him to be that kid in the class that throws a temper tantrum and the teachers dread. Also we realized that this was really the first time Porter has ever been alone, he has always had at least one of his brothers with him. we get to the school say our goodbyes and again I cry, and doesn't phase Porter at all that we are leaving. I go and pick up him up and he runs up to me crying mommy mommy! he was so sad! His teacher comes over and said he was fine till they asked him to wash his hands when he looked around and it registered that we had left. She said he clamed down fast and was great from then on. Overall I think that this will be great for Porter. Darwin and I can't help but think how blessed we are, Porter has gone throughso much and there was a point where we wondered if he would ever reach this point. We are so proud, of them both! Parker and I and Emery had a wonderful time while they were gone and it was so peaceful! Now if we can just get on a good sleeping/ waking schedule and carpool schedule.



2 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Good luck getting Denver switched! And crying is ok!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Oh I got him switched, but I did it on my own with help from a friend of mine who is a fourth grade teacher, the school still hasn't said anything to me which is frusterating and the office lady I can tell is going to oh so much fun to deal with...