Thursday, May 27, 2010


We made the trip out to Colorado for Miranda's graduation... it was great. I can't believe she is going to college and it makes me feel old. After 30 plus hours in a car and a total of three days, five states, we are home and never been happier! The kids are so happy to be out of the car!

Darwin and Denver went ice skating while we were in Colorado and Denver had the time of his life!

Emery is so very upset in this picture because she is the older cousin yet she is the smaller one! Jensen is so adorable! He is so chunky and rolly! so adorable! It was so great to see the entire family for the weekend!




We did a sisters picture while at Church... I told Miranda and Jana that they are tooth picks and I'm a log compared to them! Oh well, the joys of having children I guess!




All the grandkids, surprisingly they almost all are looking and sitting still! I must say we Macbeth's make good looking kids!
Things I learned on this trip,
-How easily entertained children can be, if only I thought of showing them how to get truckers to honk at them sooner.
-Always plan on car sickness even if your children have never had a problem with it before..
-some things never change
-what our insurance coverage would be if we had to go to the doctor in Colorado or anywhere along the road
-that a sippy cup can magically disappear right when we are trying to leave and not appear till the car has been taken apart and put back together three times and a half hour has passed.
- five people can fit into a full size bed just not very comfortably.
- A broken chemical mixer for a hot tub works great as a make shift hockey puck
- A blanket is warmer if it is "made with love"
- A vacation is not officially a vacation until the Planning Director (Darwin is the Assistant Director) calls to ask Darwin a work question that h he should know the answer to since he is the boss.
-I like Colorado weather much better than the cold, rain and snow we are having now in Burns
I'm sure there is more but I can't think of them now! overal it was agood trip but we are glad to be home. Now the boys are countign down till Grandma and Grandpa come visit us after the reunion!

3 comments:

David & Brenda said...

I am thoroughly enjoying all these updates from your family. It has been far far too long since we have seen any of you! I have to admit that I still think of you all as Miranda's and Jana's ages. I think I will have to see you in person for that to change. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

OH the crazy trip we can take when we're young! I remember a few of ours and I guess that's why we do it....to create memories and flat bottoms!! (and WHO looks like a log!!?? Excuse me...you're all skinny sticks!! What a shame your mother could never fatten any of you up!!)

Carla and crew said...

O.K. Candace, you are officially forbidden to ever think of yourself as a "log". And even then, having kids is so worth it!