Here's a picture I took of Grandma
with the flowers that Carla and Barry sent after much drama!!
I guess I should keep you all up to date on how she is.
She's fine :)
Andrew was very pleased to have his room
totally cleaned, all on the same day!!
Five hours of sorting! Maybe he's cured ?
And just a quick picture of Al
on his birthday with his new slippers.
Notice no birthday cake
and 50 lbs lighter. Yes, it needs to
be a better picture. Next time :)
5 comments:
So what was the Drama? When we call and talk to Mom we really don't get much info.
We're curious too. Great pic of mom, by the way! Al is looking good and I'm sure he must be feeling good.
O.K. Here is the drama: I called FTD on Thursday before Mothers Day and ordered flowers (to get frequent flyer miles for one of the girls). they asked if delivery on Friday would be O.K. and I said yes. Friday got email that said they were sorry they could not delver the flowers on Friday but they would be delivered on Saturday. Fine. Sunday I called Mom and she said she had no flowers, so I called Karen and there were no flowers. After numerous e-mails and about an hour on the phone, FTD said that the florist they called couldn't deliver the flowers because it was too far away. I said there was an FTD florist three blocks from my mother--surely that is not too far!! They said they would take care of it and email me notification on delivery. I got no such email, so I called again and they said they could just cancel the order! Well, I wanted the miles, so they finally said they would only charge me half and give me the full miles and order them from the florist Karen suggested, and finally--on the Thursday or Friday AFTER Mothers Day, Mom got her flowers. So I would not recommend FTD, unless of course you want a hassle! It is a lot better to just call the florist nearest your recipient.
Sounds like the trouble I had a year ago. I ordered a book for Mom for Mother's Day at Barnes and Noble to be delivered and wrapped with note to her house. One on the history of the Lodge at Yellowstone. Two weeks later got notice that the book was back ordered would be delivered. Another month goes by informed the book is out of print. Asked for money back sent money to mom she didn't know what was going on. Barnes and Noble cancelled the check before she could cash it. She cashed it. Just a mess. I know rely on me mailing the gift even if it gets there late.
Sounds like the trouble I had a year ago. I ordered a book for Mom for Mother's Day at Barnes and Noble to be delivered and wrapped with note to her house. One on the history of the Lodge at Yellowstone. Two weeks later got notice that the book was back ordered would be delivered. Another month goes by informed the book is out of print. Asked for money back sent money to mom she didn't know what was going on. Barnes and Noble cancelled the check before she could cash it. She cashed it. Just a mess. I know rely on me mailing the gift even if it gets there late.
Post a Comment