Nothing much is happening here other than we are getting old and falling apart. Major allergy season has arrived. We aren't as spry as we used to be and my arthritis seems to be catching up on me. My teeth need some maintenance work and I'm sure I need new glasses. The ears don't work as well and Paul and I could both lose some weight. Other than that every thing is peachy keen.
The best thing is we are finally getting a bunch of grandkids! :) :) :) Kristina, Bryce, and Lily came up for a few days during Bryce's spring break. Lily is cuter than ever even if she has decided to hit the "terrible twos." She firmed up "No!", "No Mom!", and "No way!" while she was here. We would love it if Bryce was able to get an internship out in then area for the summer. Then we could see them every day. John and Jamie's 2 boys were up in Spokane visiting their father so they didn't get to see her. They are fun to have around, but playing with teenagers and babies are in different categories. Even though they are willing to give hugs, there is no cuddling up like you can do with babies. Jamie is looking great but feeling quite pregnant and definitely looking forward to having a baby soon almost as much as I am looking forward to having him arrive. Oh well, that is about a month away. Brad and Becky haven't found out what they are having yet, but said that they will do that sometime in April. Mindy and Tony are enjoying being homeowners. They have a charming house which they are furnishing a piece at a time so they don't have to put anything on credit. Very admirable, I think! Michelle and Taylor have decided to buy a starter house in Pasco. They are having it built and so they get to pick out the colors, the carpet, the tile, etc. Their lease at their apartment is up at the end of April so Paul told them to move into our basement at that time so they can save up enough money to get a washer and dryer for their new house. I think that so far all my kids have picked out really nice houses to make into homes. Paul and Jayann have had their place long enough now to discover the "Replacement Factor" of home ownership. We have too! Having all the windows replaced was a drain on the pocketbook, but boy do they look great! Now there is the roof, the carpet, and I would really like a new kitchen. I like my house and hopefully we won't wait to fix it up just in time to sell it. No, we are not planning on moving or anything, it's just that that is what usually happens.
Paul and I went to Arizona for the yearly Waste Management Conference. We had rain and snow while we were there. Actually the snow was not in Phoenix but up in Prescott where Dennis and Martha live. We drove up there on Sunday for a short visit. I did get to sit by the pool and read one morning, but I only got in the hot tub, not the pool. I have discovered that Phoenix is not like Tucson. Everything is really spread out and nothing is centrally located by the convention center. It could be that I was just used to knowing where everything was in Tucson, but so far I haven't found Phoenix to be as fun or entertaining. We did go to the Temple in Mesa and that is super close which was nice. And flying in and out was also more convenient so hopefully I can discover some of the other charms about the area.
Well, I have a list of want-to-do's to go with my must-do's so this will be very short compared to my usual epistle. Hope all is well with everyone.
Love, Diann
No comments:
Post a Comment